Sunday, 5 February 2017

Equivoque Workshop - London April 2017




On Saturday 22nd of April, 2017 I will be holding the seventh Equivoque Workshop. The venue is once again in central London.

The goal of the Workshop is to make attendees into experts on Equivoque, providing them with an overview of its history, an analysis of its strengths and weaknesses, full instruction on several of my personal unpublished effects and the ability to construct powerful, original Equivoque effects for themselves.

The feedback from the first four Workshops has been excellent. Here are a few testimonials to whet your appetite:

"I was lucky enough to attend the first Workshop Mark held, it delivered all that it promised to and more. Yes, you will get some great routines that you can add to your repertoire that are exclusive and powerful; but more importantly you'll get a huge toolbox of ideas and linguistic techniques that have been developed and honed by Mark through hundreds of performances, and countless hours of research. I have now adopted these methods and am using them both in my impromptu casual performances and in my professional TV and corporate work. I 100% recommend the workshop and hope you enjoy it as much as I did." - James Went

"I recently attended Mark's Equivoque Workshop which was genuinely very helpful. Mark is a very bright guy and brings his clever approach and handlings to many unique effects. The group attending was small (on purpose) which meant Mark could spend time helping each of us understand the different techniques and then use them to suit our own individual presentation. His way of explaining is both in depth and entertaining - I came away with many new ideas and possibilities. In addition we all enjoyed a relaxed lunch and post day drinks which again allowed more time to chat one-on-one. If you are in two minds about attending, then you need Mark's help with your mentalism. A great day, worth every last penny and I strongly recommend you attend." - Roger Curtis 

“I just wanted to thank you for a great day’s workshop. Before I signed up I wasn't sure what the day would bring, but I have to say it was thoroughly enjoyable, if at times, a little challenging. This is a good thing by the way. The more stimulating the delivery, the more the information can be retained.  My train journey back had me scribbling ideas and notes, clarifying the content of the day, trying hard not to lose any of the insights delivered. I really appreciated the one to one practice sessions, allowing me to consolidate the learning. All in all, a good days work.  Many thanks for sharing your expertise, absolutely priceless!” – Allan Clarke


Here is a run-down of the day’s programme:

10.45am    Arrival

11.00am    Workshop Session 1: A complete overview of the subject of Equivoque, discussing its history and its exponents, and explaining how it can be so powerful and why it so rarely is. I will outline a revolutionary approach to Equivoque and explain the precise mechanics of how to perform it with a 100% success rate.

12.15am    Break

12.30am    Workshop Session 2: I will teach four Equivoque-based effects. Three of these are from my private repertoire and do not appear in the forthcoming Equivoque book. Nor will they ever be available anywhere other than at the Workshop.

1:45pm      Lunch

2.45pm      Workshop Session 3: Interactive learning sessions for attendees to try out the effects and techniques taught in Session 2. I will work individually with each person to make sure that they are incorporating the core techniques properly into their own speech patterns and body language. This one-on-one coaching will ensure that everyone is learning the key skills in a way that works effectively for them personally.

4.00pm      Break

4.15pm      Workshop Session 4: I will teach each of the six Equivoque strategies that I use to create and develop professional-calibre Equivoque-based effects. These six tools are being explained exclusively to Workshop attendees; they are not taught (or even specifically mentioned) in the Equivoque book. Knowledge of these strategies will allow attendees to develop their own personal impromptu, close-up and stage effects.

5.30pm      Equivoque Question and Answer Session

6.00pm      Finish


Whilst the whole day has a serious goal – to make everyone present an expert practitioner of Equivoque – it will have a very informal atmosphere where discussion and collaboration are encouraged.

The fee for the Workshop is £250*

The Workshop fee includes lunch as well as drinks before we begin and at both break times. I will also be around for the rest of the evening for anyone who wants to hang out, drink beer and chat magic and mentalism.

On the day, you will receive a Workshop Notes booklet containing all of the material and techniques discussed. However you are encouraged to take copious notes, particularly during the one-on-one tuition. The use of audio or video recording devices is not permitted.

You will also receive a signed copy of the Equivoque Is A Way Of Life book when it is released this summer.

Click here to book your place using Paypal:


The Paypal button will be removed as soon as all the places have been sold. Once you've made payment I will email to confirm your place and let you know the venue. Many thanks!

If you have any questions whatsoever about the day, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

* I realise that £250 can be a large amount to pay in one go, so if you'd like to pay a deposit immediately to guarantee your place and then pay the balance nearer the time, that's no problem. Please just email me and we can sort it out.